Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mama Mia!



I dug through my closet, looked for a CCP-appropriate outfit for a musical which at the same time conceals my marks from a previous chicken pox infliction. And as soon as I picked one, I hurriedly went for a bath while trying to sing the songs in my mind. Excitement is doubled and all I can say is MAMA MIA! I was on hiatus for a week from the outside world and spent each day in the 4 corners of my room. And this invitation from Karl to watch the musical got me so thrilled. Aside from being able to go out, I can also see a great musical. 

I got to see MAMA MIA! first as a film and I liked it. But after seeing the musical, I fancy it more. It was heart-warming, seeing a mother-daughter relationship, a daughter longing for a father, and a budding father-daughter union. It was also really hilarious. The 2 aunts played their roles so well, audience laughed their hearts out, including me. And of course, hearing the songs made us all giddy. I am certain everyone hummed or sang quietly. And towards the end, everyone stood. Some danced, other sang, and mostly gave the cast a round of applause.

MAMA MIA! was really fun! I enjoyed a lot. Thank you to Karl for inviting me and thank you to his mom for giving us free tickets. :D

At the CCP

During the break
Karl and I had dinner afterwards. We went to Urameshi-ya at Little Tokyo and had some Jap grilling.


Our yellows are so matching :D

We just love to eat
The night's full of goodness.. good musical, good laugh, good food, and good company.

1 comment:

  1. One of the best musicals I've seen! Can't wait for the Phantom of the Opera. :)

    ReplyDelete